Who You Are:
You will perform information technology (IT) audits of Trellis Company procedures and operations. Internal audits are performed with focus on a consultative audit approach to ensure audits result in adding value to Trellis’ operations and/or performance. You will develop audit projects of Trellis Company IT operations including the audit plan/program, performing fieldwork, reporting, follow-up, etc. You will also be responsible for reporting findings, recommendations, and suggestions that will improve operations.
Who we are:
Trellis Company is a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation with the dual mission of helping student borrowers repay their education loans and promoting access in higher education. Our strong philanthropic heritage of giving through grants to colleges, universities, and research groups remains focused on improving student outcomes, especially to under served students, families, and institutions.
As we move into the future, we’re drawing on our history, branching into new sectors beyond student loans, and delivering the same level of exceptional care and service that our customers have come to depend on. We remain invested in the success of students and higher education institutions. This combination of stability and vision creates a unique intersection: a startup environment at a company that also has a stable foundation, resulting in an opportunity for the right candidate to help shape our company's future. This is an exciting time to join the Trellis team!
The position is located in the Corporate Office in Round Rock, Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position incumbent is expected to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities of the position with reasonable accommodation.
· Ensure adequacy of internal controls.
· Review reliability and integrity of information.
· Confirm compliance with policies, procedures, laws & regulations, and established guidelines for ethical conduct.
· Appraise the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
· Determine level of accomplishment of established goals & objectives.
· Ensure appropriate safeguarding of corporate assets.
· Participate in performance of annual risk analysis in development of the annual audit plan.
· Communicate findings of the audit/consulting projects.
· Construct clear, concise, constructive, and timely reports.
· Serves as a subject matter expert regarding information security, IT risks, and relevant internal controls.
· Assist business partners in the evaluation of current and planned processes and technologies.
· Inform management of concerns, situations, and sensitive items, which affect Trellis, borrowers, customers and/or clients.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform special reviews or investigations as needed.
· Coordinate and cooperate with Trellis’ external auditors as needed.
· Perform non-audit services as per professional standards.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· General knowledge of financial statement analysis.
· Expert level data analysis skills.
· Proficiency in the use Access database.
· Auditing skills and basic business knowledge is essential.
· Working knowledge of data processing/IT principles, terminology, and IT auditing.
· Applied knowledge of security and project management principles.
· High standard of organizational, time management, problem solving skills.
· Working knowledge of statistical sampling methods/techniques.
· Demonstrated knowledge of performance measurement methods/techniques.
· Ability to maintain independence/objectivity in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
· Ability to influence Trellis personnel regarding the effect of their actions and/or lack of actions.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to manage a heavy workload with multiple and competing priorities is necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree accredited four-year college or university with a major in accounting, business, computer science or equivalent
· Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· Three years’ experience conducting IT audits.
Physical and Mental Demands:
· Occasionally must move about inside the office.
· Repetitive motion. Regularly operates a computer, phone, and general office equipment.
· Regularly uses hands/fingers to handle, feel, or grasp; reaches or extends arm(s) in any direction.
· Hearing and speaking. Regularly talks with other employees and on the phone, virtually, or in person with clients. Regularly uses hearing to listen and respond to internal and external contacts.
· Visual acuity. Regularly must have close visual acuity to view and enter information into computer and software systems, analyze data, develop presentations and reports, and other materials.
· Mental focus. Requires worker to maintain focus and exchange detailed and accurate information through oral and written communication.
· Work is in an office, with a surrounding small cubicle work environment.
· Work environment is climate controlled with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
Copyright 2020Austin Area Chapter of the ACFE